The Justice for Life (“JFL”) invites quotations from Service Providers for the provision of Translation Services. JFL wants to procure English-to-Arabic translation services vice versa on an as-and-when-requested basis. The texts to be translated are of a human rights and other related topics such as justice and civil society, or specialized nature dealing with JFL activities and work programmes.
Nature of the Service Required
Service Providers must clearly demonstrate their capability to provide high quality translation to Arabic and English languages as required on request from time to time. A significant volume of translations required by JFL related to field studies, research, policy papers, report, etc.
The bulk of the documents will invariably be typed in Arabic and made available in electronic format to the service provider to be translated into English. These may include longer documents.
Qualification, Expertise and Relevant Experience
In order to be eligible for participation in this quotation process, prospective Service Providers must demonstrate a proven track record of providing translation services and be certified by the international, regional or national equivalent quality standards. Therefore, to be eligible to participate in the quotation process, Services Providers must demonstrate the following among others:
- a) Hold an internationally recognized certification or national equivalent;
- b) Have a minimum of Five (5) years’ experience of providing translations services preferably to organization (s) of similar standing with JFL;
- c) Clearly demonstrate their capability to provide high quality translations in the two working languages , as required on request from time to time;
- d) Clearly demonstrate their capacity to meet the translation volumes within given specified turnaround times.
- e) Clearly demonstrate their ability to make the documents clear, coherent and faithful to the original text, respect established terminology (when it exists), and be readily understood by a reader of the language from any part of the world.
The contract for translation services will be awarded to the successful quotation (s) based on the most economically advantageous quotation based on factors such as quality of the proposed service, quality control and the indicative costs.
Applications to this call expressing the interest should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (including contact details of at least 2 referees for which similar work has been undertaken)
- Costs (in USD): The consultant should identify their rates within the next 12 months by filling out the below link.
|Unit||Unit Cost||Cost in USD|
|Document Translation (word document)||Rate per page (400 words/page)|
|Translation of PowerPoint||Rate per slide|
|Simultaneous/Consecutive Translation||Rate per day (6 working hours)|
|Fees for cancellations|
|Video / Audio transcription||Rate per Minute|
|Rate for Subtitling||Rate per page (max 500 words/page); Rate per slide|
Please fill out the below link: